Online Graduate Certificates: Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must complete an application for Graduate Studies as either a Graduate Certificate Student or a Non-Degree-Seeking Graduate Student (must possess a completed Bachelor’s degree for this option – students can only take two certificate courses under this designation then must apply as a Graduate Certificate Student before they can complete the final two courses and obtain the certificate).
- Students must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution (or its international equivalent) unless opting for the Undergraduate Option (Undergraduate option currently applies only to senior Truman undergraduate students).
- Students must have at least a 2.5 cumulative undergraduate GPA or demonstrate sufficient professional experience to prepare them for the proposed field of study.
- Applicants must submit all transcripts (official or unofficial) from other institutions of higher education attended at the time of application to demonstrate sufficient preparation. Students may not enroll beyond their second course in the certificate program without providing all official transcripts from all other institutions of higher education attended.
- Students must be able to demonstrate English proficiency if not native speakers. A minimum score on only one of the following English exams is required for admission Typically, students will take the TOEFL or IELTS tests, but the other exams listed are acceptable.
- TOEFL (550 paper-based, 213 computer-based,
or 79 Internet-based)
- IELTS (minimum 6.0)
- SAT (minimum 1050; combined critical reading and math)
- ACT (minimum 22)
- IGCSE/GCE either English Lit or English Lang: Minimum of B
CSEC(CXC) or CAPE: English score of 1 or 2
- IB (HL or SL): English A: Minimum score of 5
- US University transfer credit: A in Comp I, or B or higher in Comp I and Comp II
- ESL at Truman: Completion of Level 9 with recommendation from The Language Company
- STEP EIKEN: Minimum of Pre-1
- iTEP (5.0 minimum)
Assessment and enforcement of student qualifications shall be at the discretion of the Graduate Dean or his/her designate.