Competency-Based Mathematics: Instruction Packets
After student’s admission and enrollment has been completed by the Institute for Academic Outreach, an Instruction Packet will be created for each student and mailed to the faculty/staff member(s) and distributed to each respective student.
The Instruction Packets contain the following information:
- The student’s first and last name
- The student’s Truman network Username
- Please Note: Usernames consist of the student’s initials (either 2 or 3 letters depending on whether or not they put their middle name on their application) and 4 random numbers (e.g. abc1234 or ab1234).
- The student’s Truman ID number
- Please Note: The Truman ID number is also sometimes called a student or Banner ID number.
- Instructions for setting the password to their student account.
- Instructions for setting up authorized users (to allow parent(s)/guardian(s) to view and pay bills).
- Instructions for entering their social security number securely online (This is an absolute requirement if students wish to receive a grade in the course. It is required so that Truman can comply with federal mandates).
- Information about payment amounts and due dates.
- Instructions for students and authorized users to view the student’s account balance.
- Instructions for students and authorized users to pay the student’s tuition online using a credit card or E-check, by mail with a bank check or money order, or in person with cash/check/pin-debit.
- Contact information for the Institute for Academic Outreach in case they have problems or questions.
- The Instruction Packets should only be seen by the student and their parent(s)/guardian(s) to prevent anyone else from potentially being able to access the student’s account.
- If possible, have students follow the instructions to set the password to their student account and add authorized users as a class to avoid payment delays.
- Please ask and remind students to bring their instruction packet home to read through it and complete appropriate steps with their parent(s)/guardian(s).
- It is highly recommended that students complete all of the steps as soon as possible before the payment due date, in case they encounter technical difficulties, so that their payment is not delayed.
After receiving their personalized Instruction Packet from the faculty/staff member at the high school, students are responsible for:
- Sharing their Instruction Packet with their parent(s)/guardian(s);
- Completing all of the required steps (either at home, during class, or a combination of the two) prior to the payment due date;
- Contacting the Institute for Academic Outreach’s staff if they encounter difficulties at any time during this ,using the contact information listed on their Instruction Packet.
Click Here for a Information Packet Sample for a Generic Student