Registration for Homeschool Students
Prior to the start of each Competency-Based Mathematics course at your homeschool, the homeschool teacher identified when you registered will be sent a Registration Packet to print. If the homeschool teacher is the student’s parent, they will discuss and complete the registration process together. If the homeschool teacher is someone other than the student’s parent, the packet should be sent home with the student to review with their parents.
After receiving the Registration Packet, students will be given a one-week deadline to complete all of the following steps. Please instruct students as follows:
- Step 1. Give the Registration Packet to your parent/guardian (if other than your homeschool teacher) and read through all of it with them.
- Step 2. Your parent/guardian should carefully read the Registration Packet as there is a lot of important information on deadlines and financial commitments.
- Step 3. Your parent/guardian must complete and sign the Memorandum of Understanding. This form indicates that you and your parents understand what must be paid in order to enroll in the course.
- Step 4. Tell your teacher (or decide with your parent teacher) whether you and your parents want to participate in the Flexible Payment Plan. If you do intend to participate in the Flexible Payment Plan, you will need to complete the Flexible Payment Plan Enrollment Form in order to participate.
- Step 5. You are also encouraged to sign (and have your parents sign) the Waiver for Disclosure of Account Information Form to allow the Institute for Academic Outreach to share information with your teacher (if they are someone other than your parent) about payments that are overdue. This way, they can help you avoid late charges!
- Step 6. Give the completed form(s) to your teacher. Remember, these forms include:
- The Memorandum of Understanding
- The Waiver for Disclosure of Account Information Form (Optional)
- Flexible Payment Plan Enrollment Form
- IRS Form W-9S (Optional: if you choose to submit your Social Security Number by paper).
- Step 7: Recruit your proctor and submit the appropriate approval paperwork to the Institute for Academic Outreach at the time of your application.
- Step 8. Go to http://institute.truman.edu/CBMapplication/, read the instructions, and submit the online application.
- Step 9. You will receive an Information Packet (see an example here: Information Packet Sample) from your teacher with specific information about how to log on to Truman’s network to make your tuition payments, access your grades, and otherwise interact with the University. Once you’ve received this sheet, it’s time to make your first payment.
Admission and enrollment of students in the course in Trumans computer system will be completed entirely by the Institute for Academic Outreach after the faculty/staff member or homeschool parent has submitted all of the following materials to the Institute:
- Each students Memorandum of Understanding, and
- If applicable, all submitted Waiver for Disclosure of Account Information, and
- Any applications to participate in the Flexible Payment Plan, and
- A roster (if more than one student is enrolled at a single homeschool setting) listing the full name, birth date, and the preferred payment plan (standard or flexible) for each student who has completed all six steps listed above by the one-week deadline.
For your convenience, we have included a handy Roster Reporting Form here.
After students are enrolled:
- The tuition charges for the course are applied to their student accounts.
- Their Truman Banner ID Number (student number) is generated by Trumans computer system, along with their Truman Username and E-Mail Address.
- Instruction Sheets for individual students are generated by the Institute for Academic Outreach’s staff and sent to teachers/homeschool parents for distribution.