Truman Institute Summer Academies
For a Detailed Exploration of Our Programs Visit the Truman Institutes Summer Academies Website!
Truman offers a number of valuable enrichment programs during the summer months. There are also a number of exciting learning opportunities available throughout the year. These programs target a range of different student interests and needs.
Summer Programs Currently Offered By the Truman Institute
- The Joseph Baldwin Academy for Eminent Young Scholars: For over 30 years, the Joseph Baldwin Academy has offered a 3-week pre-college experience for gifted students in the summers following their 7th, 8th, and 9th grade years. The program is competitive and draws participants from around the country to take one of 20 possible courses offered across two sessions in June and July. For more information, click here. Watch this video for a preview of the Joseph Baldwin Academy.
- ATHA: The ATSU-Truman Healthcare Academy (ATHA) is a one-week, intensive residential program aimed at students who have just completed 9th, 10th or 11th grade who are interested in becoming doctors, nurses, therapists, technicians, or any other health profession. The program will be staffed by faculty in Truman State University’s allied health departments, as well as doctors and clinical faculty from A.T. Still University of Health Sciences, the founding university of Osteopathic medicine. For more information, click here or visit us on Facebook. Watch this video for a preview of STAPH.
- Taiwan at Truman: Taiwan at Truman is a program developed in partnership with Zen Del High School in Chunghua, Taiwan. Students from the school visit Truman’s campus and surrounding Missouri sites for five weeks each summer in annually alternating groups of young men and women.
Programs Offered By Other Departments
New programs are offered by departments around campus every year. Below you will find a sampling of some of the creative programs that are available to Truman Students, prospective students, and members of the community.
- Upward Bound: Over 900 Upward Bound Programs nationwide assist qualifying high school students in building the skills and motivation necessary for college success. Upward Bound does this by providing students with academic skill development, tutoring, college/career assistance and social/cultural exposure through a year-round support program for senior high school students. Upward Bound offers programming during the year, as well as a summer residential program on campus. For more information click here.
- Athletic Camps: Summer day and residential camps in a variety of sports are available each summer. Special clinics are held for certain sports at various times of the year. For more information click here.